WARREN, NJ - Teachers, paraprofessionals, school bus drivers, custodians, a nurse and other educational support staff new to the Warren Township K-8 school district met for a two-day induction program on August 26 and 27. The entire administrative team along with Dr. Matthew Mingle, superintendent of schools and Mr. David Brezee, school board president, were in attendance to greet the new group with many warm introductions.
The Whole Child Approach, information technology, special education, team building, curriculum and student-centered learning were among the many topics discussed with the new group of employees.
Mr. Scott Cook, Mt. Horeb School principal and Mr. Jeffrey Heaney, Woodland School principal coordinated the New Staff Induction Program which was established over 15 years ago and continues to have a positive impact on new employees.
Highlights from day 1 of orientation included a team-building activity called Toxic popcorn and the famous bus ride around the district. Day 2, the new teachers were introduced to their mentors. Each new teacher is paired up with a seasoned teacher to help strengthen instructional competence and to support the new teacher as they develop their craft through the first couple years of teaching. Mentors are carefully selected and matched to each new teacher by the new employee’s building principal.
“We are committed to the success of all of our staff members,” says Mr. Cook. “This program goes a long way in ensuring that success.”
Pictures submitted courtesy of Warren Township Schools.
1. Dr. Matthew Mingle, superintendent of schools and Mr. Michael Pate, supervisor of buildings and grounds attended the New Staff Induction Program breakfast on August 26 to greet the new employees.
2. Ms. Christine Smith, principal of Angelo L. Tomas school, Mr. William Kimmick, director of curriculum and Mrs. Patricia Leonhardt, school business administrator attended the New Staff Induction program on August 26 to greet the new employees.
3. Together Mr. Scott Cook, principal of Mt. Horeb School and Mr. Jeffrey Heaney, principal of Woodland school coordinated the New Staff Induction Program that was held on August 26 and 27.
4. Ms. Cathryn Ticchio and Mrs. Sarah Claxton both paraprofessionals for Warren Middle School attended the New Staff Induction Program.
5. Ms. Kimberly Felber, leave replacement grade 1 teacher, Mrs. Caitlin Atkinson, special education teacher, Mrs. Kimberly Collison, paraprofessional and Kelsey Harcourt, leave replacement school counselor attended the New Staff Induction Program that was held at Warren Middle School.
6. Mr. Jeffrey Heaney and bus load of new employees take a tour of the district.
7. Mrs. Kimberly Collison, paraprofessional, Ms. Aubrey Pellernin, teacher, Ms. Kimberly Felber, leave replacement teacher and Mrs. Sharon Bell, bus driver play a team-building game called Toxic Popcorn.
8. (Left to Right) Back row - Mrs. Sarah Claxton, paraprofessional, Mr. Jeffrey Heaney, principal, Mrs. Tatiana Neri, school nurse, Mrs. Sharon Bell, bus driver, Ms. Kimberly Felber, leave replacement teacher, Mr. Scott Vaglio, Spanish teacher, Mr. Michael Morin, bus driver and Mr. Scott Cook principal. Middle Row: Mrs. Kimberly Collison, paraprofessional, Mrs. Caitlin Atkinson, special education teacher, Ms. Cathryn Ticchio, paraprofessional, Mrs. Shawna Slater, paraprofessional, Ms. Kelsey Harcourt, leave replacement school counselor, Mr. Kevin Pachecco, multi-duty paraprofessional and Mrs. Cheryl Thoma, paraprofessional. First row: Mrs. Lindsay Sheffrin, special education teacher, Ms. Aubrey Pellerin, physical education teacher, Mrs. Marybeth Henry, paraprofessional, Mrs. Carlyn O’Regan, LDTC, Mrs. Marissa Marton-Sarao, art teacher, Mrs. Teresa Kuprat, paraprofessional, Dr. Erica Pawlo, school psychologist and Ms. Tam Quach, grade 1 teacher pose for a new employee group photograph during the New Staff Induction Program