The Covid Pandemic has changed everything we do! Even the simple things have to be adjusted to accommodate social distancing parameters. This leaves traditional handwritten valentines to classmates impossible to do, but doesn’t mean we can’t celebrate Valentine's Day.
There are many other ways to honor others on Valentine’s Day. Here’s a few to enjoy with your loved ones:
- Dress in Valentine’s Day attire! - Wear hearts, dress in reds, pinks, purples, and white. Add jewelry in the same colors and in heart shapes.
- Decorate - Fill your home and your child’s learning space with Valentine decorations. Why not even spend some time making your own decorations!
- Call your neighborhood pizza place and order a heart shaped pizza for your family! Many Wayne pizzerias create delicious heart shaped pizza for the holiday.
- Bake - bake and decorate cupcakes together. Bake and decorate some heart shaped cookies as a family!
- Family Movie Night - pick a movie and snacks that everyone will enjoy. Heart shaped snacks, red snacks, and chocolate all add a lot of love to family time.
- Read Valentine themed books together as a family. You can even have older children read them to younger siblings.
- Host a virtual party - invite family and friends to a Valentines Zoom party.
- Valentines - create digital valentines that can be shared with friends and loved ones.
- Scavenger Hunt - hide things around the home that are reminders of loving times as family and create clues about where they can find the memory.
Things may be different in our world today, but showing loved ones your love never changes!
Happy Valentine’s Day!