WAYNE, NJ – Sunshine has been a rare commodity lately, but as the saying goes: April showers bring May Farmer’s Markets… or something like that.
“The Wayne YMCA is pleased to announce that the Wayne Farmer's Market will be open every Saturday in May as a drive-through farmer's market,” said Jill Goordman, your local YMCA Yoga Instructor and Farmer’s Market Maven.
According to Goordman, the YMCA, both local and corporate, and the Township, both Parks and Recreation and the Health Department in conjunction with the Mayor’s office have provided the guidelines needed to reopen the market as a drive-up and pick up market. “We’re going to be able to reopen in a very safe and fun way,” she said with a smile.
Every Saturday in May, the drive-up Wayne Farmer’s Market will be open between 10:00am and 12:00pm at the Wayne YMCA at 1 Pike Drive.
Most goods need to be ordered ahead of time, but Goordman said: “Some of our vendors bring extra stock, so if, whoops, you forgot to order something online, you can still pick up that dozen eggs or that special jar of jelly. Even the Empanada Lady might have extra empanadas.”
The YMCA contact-free way to hold a farmer’s market:
- See the list of vendors and how to contact them below. Or, find them on the Market’s social media sites.
- Peruse each vendor to see what they offer.
- Pre-order the product in the quantity you want from each individual vendor.
- Pay online to the vendor directly or place an envelope with cash in your trunk.
- Place a sign on your window with your last name.
- On Market Day, pull-up to each vendor and pop the trunk.
- The vendor takes your envelope with payment and leaves your product in the trunk.
- Go home and Enjoy!
The hope continues that the regular Wayne Farmer's Market will re-open at its summer location in the parking lot of the Wayne Municipal Building on June 6. The Wayne YMCA along with the Township of Wayne are currently coordinating that effort… Stay Tuned.
Wayne Farmer's Markets Vendors:
- Bubala’s Gourmet Spreads email@example.com
- Empanada Lady https://www.localline.ca/empanada-lady
- Forward Roots www.forwardroots.com
- Hazelman Farms https://www.hazelmanfarms.com/
- Hope Cress Farms https://www.hopecressfarms.com/farm-store-1
- New Jersey Mushrooms https://www.hazelmanfarms.com/
- OM Champagne firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rosie’s Market https://rosiesnaturalmarket.com/
- Silver Birch Kitchens www.silverbirchkitchens.com
Know a story we should share with readers? Email the publisher, Ferris and tell him about it.