WAYNE, NJ – On Thursday, October 10, 2019 the first annual Wayne Cares Day will be held. The idea behind the event is to match non-profit organizations with volunteers from local businesses, schools, groups and individuals to help address certain needs.
“Whether it’s a clean-up project or a food drive, Wayne Cares Day will demonstrate how people can work together for the good of our community and accomplish great things!” said Joyce Fein, the Marketing and Community Engagement Director for the Wayne YMCA, who came up with the idea for the event.
Staff from both the Residence Inn by Marriott Wayne, and the Hilton Garden Inn of Wayne have already volunteered to participate in the event, but more are needed to make the day a complete success.
“Please Join us to work together with families, neighbors, local businesses, and organizations to make a difference in our community,” said Fein. “Making Wayne a better place strengthens our entire community and benefits everyone.”
Five great Wayne organizations that provide a variety of services to our town are hoping for some help on the following projects:
- Wayne Boys & Girls Club - Paint/Complete Design Projects in their Computer Lab
- Wayne Township Parks & Recreation - Gardening & Park clean up
- Wayne PAL - Friends of Wayne Animal Shelter Supply Drive
- Wayne YMCA - Mural & Room Painting, Update Playground Sandbox
- WIN Food Pantry - Non-perishable Food Donations, Shelving & Organizing
After the event, volunteers are invited to a celebration at the Wayne Y at 5:00pm, where Refreshments will be shared.
To participate in Wayne Cares Day, email Joyce Fein: email@example.com