WEST CALDWELL, NJ – The Kiwanis Club of Caldwell-West Essex has had a busy summer. There have been many speakers, presentations and new members welcomed to the group.
The club meets regularly at the Cloverleaf Restaurant in West Caldwell. The next business meeting is taking place on Thursday, August 6, form 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
On July 23, President-Elect Barbara Peck welcomed Claudine Pascale, director of the Caldwell Public Library as a new member to the Kiwanis Club of Caldwell-West Essex.
In addition, Jo-Ann Dixon, president of the Kiwanis Club of Caldwell-West Essex presented a Distinguished Service Award to long-time member and Program Chairman Ed Clancy as he prepared to move to North Carolina.
And, Mildred Fitzburgh was thanked by Dixon for her presentation about her escape from Czechoslovakia as a young child.
On July 17, Cheryl Francione, assistant director of West Essex YMCA, which is located in Livingston, spoke to the Kiwanis Club of Caldwell-West Essex about the many benefits available to West Essex residents for toddlers to senior citizens.
In addition, MaryAnn Luke presented a certificate of recognition to Rebecca Girardi, immediate past-president of the Caldwell University Circle K, which is sponsored by the Kiwanis Club of Caldwell-West Essex.
The Kiwanis Club of Caldwell-West Essex welcomes members of the community to join the club and support its hands-on community service projects. It is an active club with many kinds of service and fundraising project activities.
According to the Kiwanis website, “participation in our service projects is a good way to serve your community and get to know the Kiwanis Club of Caldwell-West Essex. You don't have to be a member to participate.”
For more information, contact President Jo-Ann Dixon at 973-228-4067
Those interested in joining, may click HERE for a list of committees to consider joining.
Click HERE for a list of current officers.
The following is a list of upcoming events:
- 7/30/2015, Meeting - Jackals Baseball-Bill Fried - Game time is 7:00 p.m. and the field is located at Montclair State University Baseball Field.
- 8/6/2015, Meeting - Business Meeting
- 8/13/2015, Meeting - TBA-Bob Hodge
- 8/20/2015, Meeting - Dinner Cruise
- 8/21/2015, Event - New Jersey District Convention
- 8/21 to 8/23 New Jersey District Convention with a golf outing on 8/21
- 8/21/2015, Event - District Convention - Princeton Marriott
- 8/27/2015, Meeting - Dinner Cruise on Lake Hopatcong
- 9/20/2015, Event - 2015 Lecture Series - Ron Farber - Rock & Roll Historian
- 9/24/2015, Event - installation dinner - Installation of new Officers
- 10/4/2015, Event - Street Fair - 24th Annual Street Fair