WEST ORANGE, NJ - The 2016 West Orange Classic Film Festival Season started on Jan. 10, with a showing of Double Indemnity, a 1944 Billy Wilder film, and will run through March 6, with the Black Maria Film Festival falling on Feb. 7 at 2 p.m. This season, The West Orange Film Society, which is a part of the West Orange Arts Council, will be sharing seven films, as well as the Maria Film Festival offerings, at the AMC Dine-In Theatres at the Essex Green Shopping Center in West Orange.
All tickets are $12, and may be purchased HERE, except for those purchased by members of the West Orange Arts Council, who are being offered tickets at the complimentary price of $9 each. These tickets must be purchased at the box office with the showing of a membership card. Click HERE to join the West Orange Arts Council.
Also, a Film Course will be offered for the price of a ticket, and this year’s speakers include the following: Stephen Whitty, Michael Goldberger, Gerard Amsellem, Boris Gavrilovic, Steven Gorelick and Paul Castiglia.
The full schedule is listed below:
- Double Indemnity (1944) Billy Wilder—Sunday, Jan. 10 at 2 p.m.
- The Deer Hunter (1978) Michael Cimino—Sunday, Jan. 17 at 2 p.m.
- My Night at Maud's (1969) Eric Rohmer—Sunday, Jan. 24 at 2 p.m.
- All The President's Men (1979) Alan Pakula—Sunday, Jan. 31 at 2 p.m.
- Black Maria Film Festival—Sunday, Feb. 7 at 2 p.m.
- Dr. Strangelove (1964) Stanley Kubrick—Sunday, Feb. 21 at2 p.m.
- The Man Who Knew Too Much (1956) Alfred Hitchcock—Sunday, Feb. 28 at 2 p.m.
- Mad Monster Party (1967) Jules Bass—Sunday, March 6 at 2 p.m.