ROSELAND, NJ — From now until Nov. 17, the New Jersey Society of CPAs (NJCPA) is hosting its eighth annual food drive benefitting the Community FoodBank of New Jersey.
NJCPA, headquartered in Roseland, is seeking to collect 3,000 pounds of nonperishable items and canned goods, which would surpass last year's collection of 2,900 pounds.
Sponsored by the NJCPA Emerging Leaders Council, the food drive was created to provide support to the Community FoodBank's various programs to combat hunger and poverty. The Community FoodBank of New Jersey solicits food donations to warehouse and supply food and grocery products to charities across the state.
"It's a great opportunity to give back to those less-fortunate neighbors in our community with some tangible help,” said Jay Lauretta, chair of the NJCPA Emerging Leaders Council and internal audit manager at ADP. “Hunger cuts across all county lines.”
Food donations can be dropped off at 425 Eagle Rock Avenue, Suite 100, Roseland, or at any of the following locations through Nov. 17:
- Boonton Township - SKC and Co., CPAs, LLC | 1 Mars Court, Suite 1
- Cranford - PKF O'Connor Davies, LLP | 20 Commerce Drive
- East Brunswick - Wilkin & Guttenplan | 1200 Tices Lane
- East Hanover - Friedman LLP | 100 Eagle Rock Avenue, Suite 200
- Iselin - Baker Tilly | 99 Wood Avenue South, Suite 801
- Linwood - Friedman LLP | 327 Central Avenue
- Moorestown - Gold Gerstein Group LLC | 505 Pleasant Valley Avenue
- Northfield - Capaldi Reynolds & Pelosi CPAs, P.A. | 332 Tilton Road
- Parsippany - Deloitte | 100 Kimball Drive
- Roseland - CohnReznick LLP | 4 Becker Farm Road
- Woodbridge - The Green Group | 900 Route Nine, 6th Floor, Suite 601
NJCPA is also looking for 25 volunteers to sort food and work in the children's division at the Community FoodBank of New Jersey in Hillside from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 14. Sign up at njcpa.org/events.
NJCPA's Emerging Leaders Council is an appointed leadership group that addresses the needs of members with up to 10 years of experience, including CPA candidates and new licensees.
For more information about donating or volunteering at the food drive, visit njcpa.org/fooddrive or contact Theresa Hinton, member engagement manager at NJCPA, at 973-226-4494 x 212 or firstname.lastname@example.org.