WEST CALDWELL, NJ - West Caldwell Public Library will reopen on Monday, but with guidelines that must be strictly followed to comply with New Jersey social distancing standards.
According to library director Samantha McCoy:
- Everyone entering the building, except for children under the age of 2, must be wearing a face mask covering the mouth and the nose.
- Library items will only be available for checkout by West Caldwell card holders. This includes West Caldwell residents, paid card members and patrons who work in the township.
- The number of patrons inside the library will be limited to 20 at a time.
- Patrons are encouraged to spend no more than 30 minutes inside the library.
- No one under the age of 18 will be permitted inside the library.without a parent or responsible adult.
- FAX service is suspended until further notice.
- There will be no access to newspapers or magazines.
- The study rooms will not be available for use by the public.
- The microfiche machine cannot be used at this time.
- There will be very limited access to the public computer and only by appointment for patrons with West Caldwell library cards. Patrons must call ahead to make an appointment to use a public computer
Library hours will be 10–4 Monday–Friday, and 9–noon on Saturdays.
Curbside pickup service will continue and is now located at the entrance by the Meeting Room on the south side of the building.
The library will continue to offer virtual programs at wcplnj.org.
The library is not accepting donations at this time. Contact the library at (973) 226-5441 during business hours if you have any questions or concerns.