CALDWELL, NJ - Two West Essex Middle School students and 16 West Essex High School students represented West Essex in the 2015 Essex County Math League Competition at Caldwell University on May 27. The students competed in the following categories: Algebra 1, Algebra 2, Precalculus, Calculus and Statistics. Students from 10 Essex County school districts competed in the event.
West Essex High School student Dorothy He, a freshman from Roseland, tied for first place in Algebra 2. The other first place winners were: Mohar Kalra and Alan Gu, both from Millburn; and Varun Maheshwari, Carrie Li and Catherine Yu, from Livingston.
Led by Kristen Cammarano, the West Essex group's advisor, the following students participated:
- Algebra 1: Ryan Downey and Ahren Aberto, seventh graders from Roseland.
- Algebra 2: Katie DeBrabanter, a sophomore from North Caldwell; Max Prince, a sophomore from North Caldwell; Corey Saccente, a sophomore from Roseland; and Dorothy He, a freshman from Roseland.
- Precalculus: Halle Mason, a sophomore from Essex Fells; Liam Marsh, a sophomore from Essex Fells; Isabelle Caine, a junior from North Caldwell; and Alex Cinque, a junior from North Caldwell.
- Calculus: Heather Downey, a junior from Roseland; Ryan Aschoff, a junior from North Caldwell; and Timothy Ruszala, a junior from Fairfield.
- Statistics: Amanda Wasserman, a junior from North Caldwell; Kylie Donohue, a junior from Roseland; and Caroline Lanfrank, a sophomore from Roseland.
- Marissa Inga, a junior from North Caldwell; and Dominique Del Mauro, a junior from Fairfield.
This is a column for the West Essex Regional Schools.
The opinions expressed herein are the writer's alone, and do not reflect the opinions of TAPinto.net or anyone who works for TAPinto.net. TAPinto.net is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the writer.