SOMERSET, NJ — Atlantic Health System (AHS) was well-represented at this year’s Healthcare Heroes Awards, a program of NJBIZ, with 12 finalists being called to the stage to be recognized in eight of the 10 featured categories.
The Atlantic Health honorees joined hundreds of the state’s health care professionals at The Palace in Somerset to support the annual awards, which honor individuals and organizations that are making an impact on health and safety in New Jersey.
Winning in the individual Innovation Hero Award was Amy Perry, chief executive officer (CEO), Hospital Division, and Senior Vice President, Integrated Care Delivery, AHS.
According to AHS, Perry has been instrumental in identifying opportunities for growth and innovation and is also the driving force behind Atlantic Health Advancements (AHa!)—a unique idea incubator that enables the healthcare system’s almost 17,000 team members and 4,800 physicians to generate ideas that enhance care delivery, improve clinical outcomes and reduce the cost of health care.
The 11 additional Atlantic Health System finalists included:
- Kevin Joyce (Atlantic Health System) – Healthcare Professional
- Atlantic Health System, Morristown Medical Center (Breakthrough Oncology Accelerator – Dr. Eric Whitman) – Innovation Hero (organization)
- Carol Jones (Atlantic Health System, Morristown Medical Center) – Nurse of the Year
- Laura Pizzano (Atlantic Health System, Morristown Medical Center) – Nurse of the Year
- Dr. Philip Scaduto (Atlantic Health System, Primary Care Partners) – Physician of the Year
- Dr. James Wittig (Atlantic Health System, Morristown Medical Center) – Physician of the Year
- Dr. Chris Amalfitano (Atlantic Health System, Overlook Medical Center) – Public Health Hero
- Alexandra Green (Atlantic Health System, Overlook Medical Center) – Public Health Hero
- Terry Turko (Atlantic Health System, Overlook Medical Center) – Volunteer of the Year
- Vincent Ursino Sr. (Atlantic Health System, Overlook Medical Center) – Volunteer of the Year
- Atlantic Health System, Chilton Medical Center – Education Hero (organization)
“It’s gratifying to have the expertise, caring, and dedication of Atlantic Health System’s leaders, team members, and physicians recognized through the Healthcare Heroes program,” said Brian Gragnolati, president and CEO of AHS. “These accolades are a testament to the incredible commitment of our entire team to providing extraordinary caring for the patients and communities that rely on us each day.”
Atlantic Health System is at the forefront of medicine, setting standards for quality health care in New Jersey, Pennsylvania and the New York metropolitan area. Click on the link to learn more.