SPRINGFIELD, NJ – For the elderly, the greatest risk may not be the COVID-19 virus. A greater risk is that by limiting in-home visitations by professional, well-trained caregivers, seniors don’t receive the care they need to stay clean, safe, and properly fed.
According to Adam Blecker, President of Seniors In Place as well as President of the Home Health Services Association of New Jersey, “If you have a loved one requiring care, it is dangerous to leave them unattended. The best solution is let them stay at home with a caregiver. Even so, we’re often asked if it is safe to bring in one of your caregivers during COVID-19? The answer is YES – as long as the caregiver and the caregiver’s agency take the precautions necessary to avoid infection.”
SIX IMPORTANT REASONS A SENIORS IN PLACE CAREGIVER IS THE BEST PROTECTION FOR MOM OR DAD
At Seniors In Place we are committed to keeping our patients and our caregivers safe. In order to do that we …
- Carefully meet all CDC guidelines, prescreen caregivers, and continually monitor that guidelines are followed.
- A team of Registered Nurses trains and “in-services” our Certified Home Health Aides (CHHAs), and continues to update them on all the CDC coronavirus protocols.
- Seniors In Place supplies all caregivers with gloves, N95 masks, and other personal protective equipment to ensure their and the senior’s safety.
- Our CHHAs are our employees, and are insured and bonded.
- Seniors In Place caregivers are trained to administer and track medications, help with mobility to avoid falls, and care for seniors with dementia, Alzheimer’s, and other debilitating diseases.
- Currently, Seniors In Place is limiting the number of homes caregivers visit in order to minimize the risk of infection. Whenever possible, we are moving to “live-in” arrangements so that only one caregiver is in a home.
According to Blecker, “even during the era of COVID-19, it is far better to continue caregiver visits, or to begin caregiver services if a crisis occurs, than to leave seniors alone and maybe feeling abandoned.”
About Seniors In Place LLC
For two decades, the Seniors In Place family has provided millions of hours of in-home and in-facility care for thousands of New Jersey families.
- Seniors In Place is accredited with distinction by The Commission on Accreditation for Home Care, the largest accrediting body in the state of New Jersey.
- Seniors In Place caregivers are state-certified, insured, receive benefits, and are continuously educated and regularly evaluated.
- Seniors In Place caregivers are all employees – NOT independent contractors.
For more information and home care-related COVID-19 resources, visit www.SeniorsInPlace.com. For an urgent need for care, call our 24/7 rapid response line at 973-774-3660.