November 30, 2012 at 7:05 PM
CALDWELL, NJ - This Sunday, December 2nd, will be the scene of the Kiwanis Annual Christmas Walk House Tour.
The Kiwanis Club of Caldwell-West Essex considers their event “a unique mix of exceptional homes.”
The homes on the tour are described by the Club as follows:
* an elegant sprawling Ranch home decorated by the professional interior designer owner
* a grand older house featuring original stonework throughout, with an adjacent carriage house
* two authentic Craftsman style homes
* a gracious Victorian complete with tower and turrets
Grover Cleveland’s Birthplace and the Zenas C. Crane House will also be included in the tour. Complimentary refreshments will be served at these locations as well as at Caldwell Flowerland.
Tickets are available as follows:
* Call 973-228-4067
* Emailing: Kiwanis006@aol.com
All ticket sale donations will be going directly to the Kiwanis Foundation.
Kiwanis explains: “The monies donated will go into our Foundation and be used to fund such things as our sponsored youth groups, the battered women’s shelter, our local food pantry and local families in need among other things.”
As a special offering, ticket holders will receive discounts on Sunday at these restaurants:
* Cloverleaf Tavern, Caldwell
* Calandra’s Italian Village, Caldwell
* Hog Wild BBQ, Caldwell
* Rockn' Joe Coffeehouse and Bistro, Caldwell
* Luce Restaurant, Caldwell
Ann Dassing, Mayor of Caldwell, commented, "I'm really looking forward to this tour. I'd like to thank Shop Rite for donating their cookies, Rockn' Joe for donating their coffee, and also thank you to Jack's Foodtown and Caldwell Flowerland. I'd also like to say a special note of thanks to Kiwanis for bringing back this lovely holiday tradition."
The Kiwanis Club of Caldwell-West Essex began in 1923. From the beginning it has offered, “personal growth through its involvement in a variety of community activities, teamwork and deep long-term friendships.”
Kiwanis sponsors these local clubs at area schools:
* Trinity Academy Builder’s Club
* Grover Cleveland Middle School Builder’s Club
* West Essex Middle School Builder’s Club
* James Caldwell High School Key Club
* West Essex High School Key Club
* Mt. St. Dominic Academy Key Club
* Caldwell College Circle K Club
“We have effectively funneled approximately $450,000 to West Essex communities over
the last 10 years,” reports the Kiwanis Club.
For further information:
Kiwanis Club of Caldwell-West Essex
President: Mildred Fitzburgh
PO Box 447
Caldwell, NJ 07006
The club meets every Thursday 12:10-1:30pm at the Cloverleaf Tavern, Caldwell, except on the last Thursday of the month when they meet at 6:30pm at Pal’s Cabin, West Orange.
Facebook Page: Kiwanis Club of Caldwell-West Essex