NEWARK, NJ - PSE&G said it is preparing for the approaching storm systems that could bring snow, sleet and rain to the region on Saturday and again on Monday.
In anticipation of the storms, PSE&G has additional personnel and equipment on hand. PSE&G is also arranging for additional tree crews to assist PSE&G's own skilled workforce, and ensuring that extra supplies including poles and transformers are available.
PSE&G urges the public to be cautious if downed lines are seen. Downed wires should always be considered "live." Do not approach or drive over a downed line and do not touch anything that it might be in contact with.
To report downed wires or power outages, residents should call PSE&G's Customer Service line at 1-800-436-PSEG. Power outages can be reported and one can view the status of an outage by logging in to My Account on pseg.com, PSE&G's mobile-friendly website.
Click here to view power outage map.
PSE&G offers the following tips to prepare:
- Charge cell phones, tablets and other mobile devices.
- Fill up the car's fuel tank(s).
- Check the home supply of flashlights, blankets, nonperishable food and bottled water.
- If electricity is interrupted, keep refrigerator doors closed as much as possible.
- Compile a list of emergency phone numbers including PSE&G's Customer Service line: 1-800-436-PSEG. Call this number to report power outages or downed wires. PSE&G offers a number of ways to stay in touch and informed before, during and after a storm. These tools can be found at pseg.com in the "Storm Center," under "How you can stay connected."
- Sign up for My Account and bookmark the mobile-friendly homepage on all smart phones, so it's easy to report outages and check restoration progress.
- To report power outages via text message, and receive outage updates by text and email, sign up for MyAlerts.
- Updated every 15 minutes, PSE&G's online "Outage Map" displays the location and status of power outages in PSE&G's service territory.
- PSE&G's Twitter and Facebook pages also keep the public informed about restoration progress. Sign up as a follower to monitor restoration process.
- Be sure everyone in the family is prepared. Go to pseg.com/sesamestreet to learn how to download the PSEG and Sesame Street "Let's Get Ready!" emergency preparedness app, along with tips on how to be ready for any emergency.