WEST ORANGE, NJ – In Jan. 2015, Jackie Goldman-Schatell and Jessica Marrone, who had been part owners of TAP into West Orange, took over as the full owners of TAP into West Orange. With this change in ownership, TAP into West Orange has continued to be the online go-to source for neighborhood news. And, as always, TAP encourages residents to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with news tips and suggestions on interesting residents to be interviewed.
Yesterday, TAP into West Orange ran an article on the top 10 stories of the year by article views, which included many police and fire articles. These types of articles are typically the types of articles that receive the most interest by readers.
Today, TAP into West Orange is providing a snapshot of the first six months of the year with some of the most popular and favorite stories. Tomorrow, the second half of the year will be featured.
In Jan., readers were introduced to Schatell and Parkes; following on the heels of the feel-good “Happy” video in 2014, West Orange High School released its newest effort, a take on Taylor Swift’s “Shake It Off; ” Mayor Parisi Shared West Orange’s Status Quo; the new alliance between PAL, MTL and WOHS was announced; and Golda Och Academy announced the school’s new STEM Center.
- West Orange Residents Jackie Goldman-Schatell and Jessica Marrone Parkes New Owners of TAP into West Orange
- West Orange Students: Having a bad day? Just 'Shake It Off'
- Mayor Parisi Shares West Orange's Status Quo
- West Orange Introduces New Baseball Alliance between PAL, MTL and WOHS
- New State-of-the-Art STEM Center Planned for Golda Och Academy
In Feb., Mayor Parisi made his Township Address; two WOHS athletes committed on NationalSigning Day; two principals announced their retirement and PARCC was a hot topic for the BOE.
- West Orange Chamber of Commerce Holds Annual Mayor’s Breakfast/State of the Township Address
- Two Standout West Orange Football Players Commit on National Signing Day
- Part I - Board of Education Meeting: Two Principals Announce Retirement
- West Orange Superintendent Answers PARCC Questions, Says Exemptions Will Be Allowed
In March, West Orange elementary schools were ranked in the Top 100 by niche.com; West Orange held its 64th St. Partick’s Day Parade; Lisa Joseph won big on Wheel of Fortune; Principal Kivlon was wowed with a flash mob; winners were crowned in the joint MTL and WO Rec Department Basketball League Playoffs; a WO musician played with the Allman Brothers; and Nikil’s law was passed by the Assembly.
- West Orange Elementary Schools Rank in Niche.com's Top 100 Best Elementary School Teachers in New Jersey
- 64th West Orange St. Patrick's Day Parade Draws a Crowd of Thousands
- West Orange Woman Wins Big on Wheel of Fortune
- Flash Mob Honors Kivlon at Edison Middle School vs. Redwood Elementary Fundraising Volleyball Game
- Basketball: Winners Crowned in West Orange Recreation Department's Mountain Top League
- West Orange Teen Musician Plays Alongside Allman Brothers' Butch Trucks
- Democratic Bill “Nikhil’s Law” to Emphasize Traffic Safety to Young Drivers Passes Assembly
In April, WOHS was rated as one of “America’s Most Challenging High Schools;” the WO middle school honors programs were highlighted by the BOE; Liter of Light and WO public schools partnership announced; Arbor Day was celebrated; WOHS received the 2013-2014 NJSAII Sportsmanship Award; and WO Spring Fling was held.
- Washington Post Ranks West Orange High School Among "America's Most Challenging High Schools"
- Honor Program Criteria for Middle Schools Highlighted at BOE Meeting
- Liter of Light to Team Up with West Orange Public Schools to Inspire a New Generation of Innovators and Activists
- West Orange Celebrates Arbor Day at St. Cloud
- West Orange High School Receives NJSIAA 2013-2014 Sportsmanship Award
- Hundreds of Families Flock to the West Orange Spring Fling
In May, a series of three “Stop the Negative” articles featuring Jerry Guarino ran; developments were made on the Pedestrian Safety Plan; the Canadian Early Learning Intervention Team was impresses by the WO school district; NBC films a segment using the Nikil Badlani Foundation; after hard work by the committee, two voting sites were changed; both the Winter Color Guard and Lacrosse teams had successful seasons; and the township celebrated Memorial Day.
- West Orange Council President Jerry Guarino: 'Stop the Negatives'
- Pedestrian Safety Plan Being Developed for Pleasant Valley Way
- West Orange School District Strategies Impress Canadian Early Learning Intervention Team
- NBC News Reporter Brian Thompson Films Segment on Drunk Driving Via Nikhil Badlani Foundation Donated Driving Simulator at West Orange High School
- Mayor Announces Two West Orange Voting Sites Have Changed
- West Orange Winter Color Guard Takes Gold Medal at Main Championships
- West Orange High School Lacrosse Breaks Season Record and Wins Avis Cup
- West Orange Observes Memorial Day
June was a busy month, with graduations, parties and festivals galore.
- West Orange High School Class of 2015 Gathers for Project Graduation
- West Orange Zoning Board Denies Quick Chek Application
- West Orange Fire Department to Assume Emergency Medical Service Duties
- West Orange Street Fair and Edison Day Held
- Fortissimo Osteria Pizzeria Celebrates 30-Year Anniversary in West Orange
- Class of 2015 Graduates West Orange High School
- Farmer's Market Opens in West Orange
- Firefighters Honored for Life-Saving Efforts at Town Council Meeting
- Principal Schiavo: So Long for Now--I Will Be Back to Visit
- Liberty Middle School Graduates 238 Students
- Edison Day Grows in Numbers
- Kivlon Honored at Redwood Carnival
- End-of-Year Carnival Held at Mt. Pleasant Elementary School
- Scholarships and Recognitions Delivered at West Orange High School Senior Awards Night
- Gregory Elementary School Hosts 77th Strawberry Festival
Like TAP on Facebook.