WEST ORANGE, NJ - There are a lot of meetings and events coming up in February to June in West Orange. Below is a list of some of the meetings/events planned. If a meeting/event is missing, send details to email@example.com. Full event/meeting details for many of these events will be added shortly to TAP into West Orange. Check back daily. Send all event coverage requests and event photos/videos to firstname.lastname@example.org too.
In addition, all residents are invited to send EVENT FLYERS via email to email@example.com or to call/text Jackie Schatell at 201-618-7444 with event details or NEWS TIPS -- any time. TAP is also looking for great feature stories. Send details on interesting community members and what they are doing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Residents are also encouraged to like the TAP into West Orange Facebook page for daily newsfeed updates.
SAVE THE DATES
- The Luna Stage will be showing, “The Brothers Size,” by Tarell Alvin McCraney, from Feb. 4 to March 6. Call 973-395-5551 for details.
- The West Orange Film Society’s Classic Film Festival has three more films scheduled for Feb and March. Click HERE for information.
- The Hazel Elementary School African Heritage Show, “Feel the Beat,” is set for Feb. 17, from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- The Third West Orange School District Strategic Planning Meeting will be Held on Feb. 18, at 7 p.m., in the Tarnoff Cafeteria at West Orange High School, which is located at 51 Conforti Avenue.
- The Annual West Orange High School Black History Dinner is set for Friday, Feb. 19 from 6 p.m. – 9 p.m. in the school’s Tarnoff Cafeteria, at 51 Conforti Avenue. The event is being hosted by the WOHS Student Council.
- The Orange/West Orange chapter of UNICO will host its 42nd Annual Sports Awards Breakfast on Feb. 21 at 10 a.m. in the WOHS Tarnoff Cafeteria. The guest speaker will be NY Giant Harry Carson, NFL Hall of Famer. The Ben L. Spinelli Award for Community Service will be presented to Cynthia Cumming for her years of work with the Holy Trinity-West Orange Food Pantry. In addition to honoring the local high school athletes, we will be recognizing the 11 & 12 year old West Orange PAL football team for winning the league championship this past season.
- The West Orange Public Relations Commission is holding a Realtor Open House on Feb. 22, at 9 a.m. at Liberty Middle School.
- The West Orange Pedestrian Safety Commission is holding a Rutgers Presentation on Feb. 24 at 7:30 p.m. at Liberty Middle School.
- The Police and Clergy Alliance Meeting is set for Feb. 25 at 6:30 p.m. in the West Orange High School Tarnoff Cafeteria. For additional information, call 973-325-4038 or send an email to email@example.com.
- The Relay For Life of West Orange Kickoff Celebration is being held on Feb. 25, at 7 p.m. at Codey Arena, located at 560 Northfield Avenue.
- The Pre St. Patrick’s Day Pub Tour is scheduled for March 11.
- The 65th Annual West Orange St. Patrick’s Day Parade is set for March 13.
- The “Night of Hoops” St. Cloud Jaguars Class of 2016 5th Grade Fundraiser is taking place on March 18, from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., at Liberty Middle School. To contribute, send an email to Ana Niehenke at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The West Orange Environmental Commission and National Historical Park are having an Earth Hour Celebration in March at 5 p.m. at the TENHP. (date TBD)
- The West Orange Rotary “Taste of the World” is happening on March 7, from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. at Mayfair Farms.
- The West Orange Chamber of Commerce Community Awards Dinner will take place in April. (date TBD)
- Green Hill is celebrating its 150th Anniversary on April 28, at 6:30 p.m. at the Pleasantdale Chateau.
- The Liberty Middle School “Color-A-Thon” celebrating Liberty’s 10th Year is set for May 19, at 10 a.m. at the school. Contact Bobbi B at Bobbib3@gmail.com for details.
- The Thomas Edison National Historical Park “Friends of Edison Cars & Cocktails” at the Glenmont Garage is slated to occur on May 19, from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- The West Orange Relay for Life is scheduled for May 20-21, from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. at WOHS. Send an email to Kyra Miller at email@example.com for details and to get involved.
- The Edison Day Street Fair sponsored be the Downtown West Orange Alliance and West Orange Chamber, will happen on Saturday, June 4.