WEST ORANGE, NJ – Join the West Orange Chamber of Commerce for its August Lunch & Learn event to discuss estate and long-term care planning for business owners. Laurie Hauptman, partner at Hauptman & Hauptman PC, will speak at the chamber event from noon to 1:30 p.m. on Aug. 7.
The event, which is free for active members and $20 for guests, will be held at the Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation, with light fare and refreshments being provided by Right at Home. The public is welcome to attend.
Hauptman, a partner at Hauptman & Hauptman, PC, is a licensed attorney in New Jersey and New York who has focused her practice on estate, elder and special needs law for nearly 20 years.
Topics to be covered during lunch inlclude:
- How long-term care events can interfere with future business plans
- Estate Planning vs. Elder Care Planning
- Seven key components of creating a solid plan for your business including Power of Attorney, Health Care Directives, Wills, Trusts, Buy-Sell Agreements, Insurance and Succession Planning
- Various ways to pay for long-term care including Medicare, private pay with your own savings, long-term care insurance, Veteran’s Aid and Attendance benefit, Medicaid, and creative long-term care strategies
- Special situations that demand immediate attention
“The goal of Biz 2.0 is to present business-related topics that are valuable and beneficial to the people who attend,” said Arnie Amir, a WOCC board member and owner of GrowthPoint Business Consulting. “The goal is to help promote their businesses, to take advantages of opportunities to network and develop relationships and benefit their businesses all around.”
This event is hosted by the Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation and sponsored by Right at Home.
WOCC Member Networking Events including Biz 2.0 are held to discuss chamber business, share ideas and build valuable relationships within the West Orange business community. Members are highly encouraged to attend all member events, where referrals can begin to grow members' businesses.
Click here to register for this event.