WEST ORANGE, NJ - The West Orange High School Drama Department will present William Shakespeare's, "A Midsummer Night's Dream," on Nov. 12, 13, and 14 in the WOHS Auditorium, which is located at 51 Conforti Avenue, beginning at 7:00 p.m. Approximate running time of the performance is 90 minutes with a brief intermission. Advance tickets are available HERE. General admission seating will be available for all performances.
The troupe has taken Shakespeare's comical tale of love, mistaken identities and affections, fairies and forests, and transported it into 2015 New York City. Showgoers should expect the urban twist to add to the hilarity, according to a representative for the school.
The cast of a Midsummer Night's Dream includes Madeline Machado, Natali Navarro, Katie Meyerson, Ellen Meyerson, Victoria Estoque, Cicel Barnwell, Niara Boykin, Lauren Wesley, Micahjoy Edgehill, Andreas Mathikolonis, Carmel Moscova,
Sachel Bise, Vincent Means, Kate Berwind, Miya Asobo, Laurie Delinois, Chris Aborisade, Litzy Reyes Polanco, Erin Arnold and Tatiana Troupe.
The performance schedule is as follows:
- Wednesday, Nov. 11 at 6:00 p.m. - FREE performance for West Orange Senior Citizens and members of the Mayor's Program for Individuals with Disabilities ONLY.
- Thursday, Nov. 12 at 7:00 p.m. - Regular performance. Special $5.00 student rate Thursday night ONLY.
- Friday, Nov. 13 at 7:00 p.m. - Regular performance. Admission is $8.00 in advance and $10.00 at the door.
- Saturday, Nov. 14 at 7:00 - Regular performance. Admission is $8.00 in advance and $10.00 at the door.
- There will be special Fairyland pre-show activities in the auditorium lobby at 6 p.m. on Nov. 12, 13 and 14. Participants will be able to cast and have photos taken, decorate fairy wings, enjoy magical treats and dance and sing with the fairies of a Midsummer Night’s Dream.