WEST ORANGE, NJ — The West Orange Arts Center's (WOAC) Annual Holiday Boutique Extravaganza returns for two back-to-back weekends—Dec. 7-8 and Dec. 14-15—at 551 Valley Road with extended hours for shopping through the holiday treats, soft music, door prizes and special coupons from local businesses that will be available during the art show.
On both Saturdays from noon to 7:30 p.m. and Sundays from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m., the WOAC will be transformed into a shopper's paradise with gift items for all ages.
"What makes our holiday boutique special is the festive, warm and inviting atmosphere we create; it's a vibe that you simply can't get online or at the mall," said holiday boutique chair Carol Black-Lemon. "We look forward to welcoming artists, arts supporters and shoppers to explore this arts neighborhood."
The following items will be among the unique and eclectic gifts available for purchase:
- Hand-crafted jewelry by Cheryl Forbes, James Hemmel, Michelle Trapani and Leon Sangster;
- Hand-knitted neck wraps by Zena Spevak;
- Honey fresh from the Watchung Mountains, courtesy of Astof Apiary-Joan Tak;
- Rock & Roll art by Timothy Shields;
- Natural bath and body products by Renee Marshall-McKinley of Keep Yourself Smelling Sweet;
- Luxurious home textiles by Vivienne O'Neill;
- Upcycled glassworks by Harene Pitter of HMP Glassworks;
- Holiday collectibles by Valley Vintage;
- Fine art pendants by Carol Black-Lemon;
- Pottery by Tina Burk of Second Stage Creations;
- Pet fashions by Charlotte Wescott; and
- Wearable art by Monique David (hats) and Kate McCartney (headbands).
The Small Works Members Exhibition also features more than 60 one-of-a-kind keepsakes, all priced under $200.
Local exhibiting artists include Balkrishna E., Carol Black-Lemon, Lois Condon, Irene Dunsavage, Daniel Epstein, Maria Estrela, Debbie Galant, Joan Gantz, Adam G. Gustavson, Candice Harris, Kathleen Heron, Mary Howe, Carol T. Jenkins, Shoshana Kertesz, Cansuela Lawrence, Barbara Motley, Mansa Mussa, Denis Orloff, Cindy Wolf, Denise Toney, Michelle A. Trapani and Amy Wax.