WEST ORANGE, NJ — Members and prospective members of the West Orange Chamber of Commerce (WOCC) are invited to attend the Semi-Annual Membership Meeting on Monday, July 15, starting at 6 p.m. at Lyric PAC (106 Harrison Avenue).
During this lively and interactive event, attendees will learn about the benefits of membership, while enjoying food and drinks, raffles, networking, and having a free professional headshot taken and more. Some topics on the agenda include:
- An exclusive members portal where members can communicate with each other easily, post events, press releases, and discounts.
- The ability to promote a business through video commercials aired on local access.
- Monthly networking opportunities; Monthly FREE Biz 2.0 training seminars.
- Annual community events, which serve as a powerful platform for local businesses to connect to the community.
- The Shop West Orange Property Tax Reward program
- The Virtual Enterprise International (High School VEI Program
- Grand Openings and Ribbon Cutting Ceremonies.
- And more.
“Any current West Orange Chamber members that aren’t already taking advantage of all of the benefits and networking opportunities that the West Orange Chamber has to offer should really attend this meeting to learn how to maximize them,” said Executive Director of the West Orange Chamber of Commerce Jessica Marrone-Parkes. “This event is a great opportunity for those considering membership as they will to discover all of the great opportunities the Chamber has to offer.”
According to the WOCC website, Chambers of Commerce are "vital, dynamic links for any business looking to succeed and grow in today's competitive environment." From acting as an advocate for business interests to providing opportunities to network within our community, the WOCC is uniquely positioned to provide every business owner with resources that can't be found anywhere else.
The chamber of commerce of the 21st Century is the marketplace for business networking. More than 20 million businesses worldwide are members of local chambers of commerce. Add to that all the marketing, business development, and non-retail sales professionals, plus hiring managers, recruiters and job seekers, and the number gets very large.
Generating revenue and supporting other business processes via relationships are as compelling reasons to connect as finding old schoolmates or potential dating partners.
The basic mission of the WOCC is to create and promote a climate where business can operate in a productive and profitable manner. Joining the chamber provides businesses with more exposure and enhances connections and business growth.
WOCC members include small business owners, professionals in all fields, major corporations, corporate executives, property owners, community organizations and leaders, and active citizens.
Don’t think you have the time to attend WOCC events?
To those who do not think they have the time to attend WOCC events, Marrone-Parkes said the question really is, "How can you afford not to attend?"
A recent report put together by HubSpot shows that business owners and professionals that don’t invest in face-to-face contact are really missing out. According to the report:
- Remote meetings generate on average 10.43 ideas, while in-person meetings generate an average of 13.36
- Nearly 100 percent of people say face-to-face meetings are essential for long-term business relationships.
- The close rate for in-person meetings is 40 percent and,
- 85 percent of jobs are filled through networking.
- Since last spring, way, the local West Orange Chamber of Commerce has grown by over 30 percent in membership and has added many events and programs to the mix.
“I hope to see many local business members at the event – those who are Chamber members and those thinking about joining,” said Marrone-Parkes.
Click here to register.