WEST ORANGE, NJ — The Goddard School of West Orange has introduced an At-Home Learning Program for infants through Pre-K.
The school offers what it calls "a robust, comprehensive and user-friendly" program and has "appointed highly educated and experienced teachers to [its] virtual classrooms."
"The teachers responsible for this program have been working extremely hard on this new platform and have had much success with the implementation," said Nicole Harrison, on-site owner of The Goddard School of West Orange. "We are opening up this program to the public. [It's] perfect for parents looking for a way to keep their children engaged and educated during the COVID-19 pandemic."
The program consists of the following:
- An At-Home Learning program on the Padlet platform, which can be accessed on computers, tablets and mobile devices. Teachers create weekly lessons as well as providing content daily. These teachers are on-site working from Goddard's designated at-home classrooms each day.
- Dedicated Email accounts for each classroom that are used to communicate with students and parents. Teachers will connect with families throughout the week via Email, phone or video chat "to ensure [every] child is engaged and remains connected."
- New videos that are uploaded each day by teachers, who conduct virtual circle times, share stories and sing songs to the students to connect with their favorite teachers every day.
- An additional resource in the Pre-K classroom through Education.com, HappyNumbers, Google Classroom and Vooks to ensure that students are meeting their literacy, language arts and mathematic goals.
- Classroom-specific lesson plans that are age appropriate. According to the school, the teachers "engage with each child in a manner that keeps them connected to their teacher, their school and their classmates."
- No-contact deliveries of materials and goodies to the family's doorstep.
- Weekly circle times and one-on-one meetings with students through Zoom meetings.
Contact The Goddard School of West Orange at email@example.com for special introductory rate information.