WEST ORANGE, NJ — In mayor Robert Parisi's latest COVID-19 update, he announced that there was one new death from the pandemic to report. With that death, the total number of deaths in West Orange since the beginning of the pandemic now sits at 175.
The latest casualty is an 81-year-old, who passed on June 27. Mayor Parisi sent his sympathies to the families and all those impacted by this virus.
In addition to the one death, there were two additional cases since Saturday’s update, which brought the West Orange total intake of cases to 1,400. Three residents remain hospitalized, one of which is in the ICU.
• Total INTAKE of West Orange Confirmed Cases – 1,400*
• Cases Officially Transferred to other Municipalities - 74
• Recovered & Closed Cases – 1,016
• Total Current ACTIVE West Orange Cases – 310
• Total NEGATIVE Test Results of West Orange Residents – 5,938
*Deaths are included in this number and remain Active until full investigation is complete.
The 2 additional confirmed cases from the latest update were a 20 Year-Old Female and a 28 Year-Old Male