WEST ORANGE, NJ — A private ceremony to commemorate the 19th anniversary of the September 11th terrorist attacks in New York, Washington D.C. and Pennsylvania was livestreamed on Friday from the Essex County September 11th Memorial at the Eagle Rock Reservation in West Orange.
The annual “Essex County Remembers” can be viewed on the county website and social media channels.
Seen laying a memorial wreath with Essex County Executive Joseph DiVincenzo are (from left):
- Ceremony emcee Stephen Adubato;
- St. Benedict’s Prep Headmaster Father Ed Leahy;
- Imam W. Deen Shareef from Masjid Waarith ud Deen;
- Freeholder Vice President Wayne Richardson;
- Freeholder President Brendan Gill;
- Congressman Donald Payne Jr.;
- Helman Correa, father of Danny Correa, who lost his life at the World Trade Center;
- Lt. Governor Sheila Oliver;
- Essex County Sheriff Armando Fontoura; and
- Deputy Chief of Staff William Payne.
CLICK HERE to read a local tribute to the six Livingston Township residents who died in the attack on the World Trade Center on Sept. 11, 2001.
Are you a business owner looking to reach our audience? Please reach out to us at email@example.com for information about our digital marketing packages.