11 Homes Sold Last Week in Fanwood, Scotch Plains and Westfield, NJ, according to Keller Williams Realty, Westfield.*
- 7 Rainier Rd, Fanwood, NJ $385,000
- 13 Montrose Ave, Fanwood, NJ $460,000
- 23 Burnham Court, Scotch Plains, NJ $366,500
- 305 Cook Ave, Scotch Plains, NJ $516,000
- 2062 Church Ave, Scotch Plains, NJ $695,000
- 2003 Dogwood Dr, Scotch Plains, NJ $975,000
- 575 Westfield Rd, Scotch Plains, NJ $975,000
- 900 Fox Hill Ln, Scotch Plains, NJ $990,000
- 441 Downer St, Westfield, NJ $347,500
- 108 Summit Ct, Westfield, NJ $650,000
- 512 Bradford Ave, Westfield, NJ $650,000
Why do people move into these towns?
"The answer is usually the same," said Jeni DiVirgilio. "Good schools, great towns, close proximity to New York City with easy public transportation into it. If you’re going to live in NJ, this is a great place to live!”
“With those good schools and great towns, come higher taxes that folks don’t mind paying,” DiVirgilio continued. “The lowest property taxes from last week’s closed sales was about $6,700 per year and the highest was about $37,000 per year! Using these 11 sales only, the average yearly property taxes in the three towns would be about $11,000 to $18,000 per year. So, if you’re planning to buy a home in the area, you’ll need to factor in the taxes. Did you read the TAP article, Shocking News! … NJ has the Highest Property Taxes in the Nation?” Click here to read the article.
Keller Williams Realty, located at 188 Elm Street in Westfield, serves the surrounding communities helping homebuyers, sellers, renters, investors and individuals who would like to make Real Estate a career. Contact the above sales representative or call the office at 908-233-8502 today.
*Fanwood, Scotch Plains and Westfield, NJ, data according to the Garden State MLS, as of 3/5/17. Information deemed RELIABLE but not GUARANTEED.