As parents of two young children in town, Maria and I have always put the safety of our children first. For this reason, since becoming a Westfield Town Councilman, public safety has always been a top priority.
Thanks to the bipartisan efforts of our Town Committee volunteers, we’ve been able to take action on a number of opportunities to continue moving Westfield forward! As an active member of the Westfield Public Safety, Transportation & Parking Committee and Pedestrian Safety Steering Committee, this includes several public safety advancements throughout town and the surrounding area.
- Continue to support our first responders; appointed new Westfield Chief of Police and voted for the replacement of Fire Engine #5 which has served the town for almost 25 years
- Installed multiple new flashing pedestrian crosswalks, including at Boulevard & South Avenue near the train station to assist commuters – additional planned crosswalks include Cacciola Place & South Avenue
- Launched the Westfield Bicycle and Pedestrian Plan to make bicycling and walking more comfortable, accessible, and safer for residents (Learn more at: westfieldnj.gov/bikeplan)
- Standing up a new traffic light at the intersection of Lamberts Mill Road & Rahway Avenue near Houlihan Sid Fay Fields
- Ongoing road resurfacing and improvements (for a complete list of planned projects, please check out: westfieldnj.gov/roadworkupdates)
There’s no room for politics when it comes to public safety. I’m proud to work with Republicans and Democrats at all levels of government to coordinate and produce the best services and programs for our residents.
If you haven’t already, sign up to receive Westfield emergency alerts via Nixle by texting 07090 to 888777. You can also download the Westfield Connect app to easily report non-emergency issues in town including potholes, park and tree maintenance, sidewalks, and street lights.