CLARK, NJ –  Shoppers and employees at Target on Central Avenue in Clark had to evacuate the store for a short time Thursday as emergency responders and utility employees checked for carbon monoxide after two employees working in the cafe area fell ill, according to Police Chief Pedro Matos.

The store was evacuated around noon as a precaution, he said.  

“The Clark Fire Department and gas company responded and found no elevated levels of carbon monoxide and the store has been reopened,” Matos said.