The Westfield Area YMCA is pleased to announce the fall line-up of classes in the Dragonfly Program for young adults 18-26 with special/adaptive needs.
A variety of classes are offered free with membership beginning the week of Sept. 6.
They are as follows:
· Strength & Conditioning: Ambulatory participants will learn about muscle development, cardio fitness and group sports.
· Boxing: Danny Kaltneckar, Y Personal Trainer and Jiu-Jitsu champion, addresses the specific needs and goals with pads and bags.
· Yoga: Students who are ambulatory blend various styles of yoga breathing, relaxation and postures.
· Lets Move: A combination of Dance, Zumba and Aerobics.
· Healthy Cooking & Baking: Participants will learn to make their favorite foods in a healthy way.
· Games & Cards: Learn and play different card, board and social games in a relaxed and fun environment.
· Current Events Group: Participants will discuss various topics including what is going on in the world and within the community.
· Group Social Games: Play group-oriented games in a social and relaxed environment.
· Crafts: Materials are provided for participants to create gifts for themselves, friends and family members.
Personal training is also available. Please contact Westfield Area YMCA Dragonfly Special Needs Coordinator/Recreational Therapist, Jill Koerber at 908-233-2700 x417 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about the Dragonfly Program and classes. The Dragonfly Program is supported with proceeds from the Westfield Area YMCA’s 5K Run for Everyone to be held on Sunday, Sept. 18. For more information, please visit https://www.westfieldynj.org/community/run_for_everyone.
The Y is the nation’s leading nonprofit committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Financial assistance is available for those who qualify. Learn more at www.westfieldynj.org.
The opinions expressed herein are the writer's alone, and do not reflect the opinions of TAPinto.net or anyone who works for TAPinto.net. TAPinto.net is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the writer.