UNION COUNTY, NJ — In New Jersey General Assembly and Union County voting on Tuesday, Nov. 5, the unofficial results from County Clerk Joanne Rajoppi show that Union County Freeholders Bette Jane Kowalski, Sergio Granados and Rebecca L. Williams, all Democrats, were victorious against their two Republican candidates, Peter Kane and Gell Gelband.
Union County Surrogate James S. La Corte (D) coasted to victory over Peter B. Lijoi (R).
The unofficial vote totals follow:
Union County Freeholders
- Bette Jane Kowalski (D-Cranford): 44,708 votes (23.83%)
- Sergio Granados (D-Elizabeth): 43,484 votes (23.18%)
- Rebecca L. Williams (D-Plainfield): 45,675 votes (24.34%)
- Peter G. Kane (R): 26,834 (14.30%)
- Glenn E. Gelband (R): 26,538 votes (14.14%)
Union County Surrogate
- James S. La Corte (D): 45,544 votes (64.54%)
- Peter B. Lijoi (R): 24,973 votes (35.39%)