FANWOOD, NJ — A food truck festival, live rock music, a beer-and-wine garden and a classic car show will transform Fanwood’s La Grande Park into the 1st Annual Fanwood Summer Fan Jam on Sunday, July 9, from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Vendors will feature many different cuisines, ranging from burgers and dogs to empanadas to Sicilian rice balls.
- The Empanada Guy – The ever popular Empanada Guy specializes in empanadas, naturally, and other traditional Latin dishes including Cuban sandwiches and Mexican Chorizos.
- Jersey Johnny’s – Serving up hot dogs, burgers, and other fare, Jersey Johnny’s trucks travel to festivals throughout the state.
- Little Sicilian Rice Balls – Its menu offers 30-plus different variations of rice balls from the traditional (filled with ground beef, sweet peas and parmesan cheese) to the Pizza Ball (stuffed with mozzarella and provolone cheese).
- Tony’s Sausage – Tony’s Sausage has been a staple at food concessions at some of New Jersey's largest outdoor special events for over 70 years. From their famous hot and sweet Italian Sausages to cheese steaks, frankfurters, burgers and pitas, Tony’s offers a wide range of choices.
- Cheech A Cini’s – From its signature Pastacinis (fried meat-stuffed balls) to specialty sandwiches, Cheech A Cini’s offers a variety of unique options on its menu that you won’t find at just any festival.
- Northeast Kettle Corn – An age-old tradition started in the 1800s by a Missouri farmer, the Northeast Kettle Corn uses quality corn, soybean oil, sugar and dusted with different blends of salt. The vendors dress in western clothing and their tent is similar to an old "cowboy cook tent.”
- Chillin Out Ice Cream – Decorated in characters from the popular Nickelodeon cartoon Sponge Bob Squarepants, Chillin’ Out Ice Cream offers traditional favorites with shakes, floats and soft serve ice cream.
- Hawaiian Husky – Family-owned and operated Hawaiian Husky Organic Shaved Ice offers a variety of organic fruit-based combinations including banana, orange, mango, passion fruit, pineapple, and strawberry.
- Big John’s Gourmet Burgers – A fixture at festivals all across the tri-state area, Big John’s Gourmet Burgers are made from certified Angus steak and have its own unique seasoning.
- Soda City – Family-owned Soda City is famous for its unlimited daily refills of flavors from root beer and birch beer to black cherry and orange soda that come in a souvenir stainless steel mug.
Starting at 11 a.m., the Clark School of Rock House Band will perform on a large stage equipped with a pro sound system and engineer. Bored of Ed, a hard rock group, follows at Noon. At 1 p.m., The Broadcasters will play an assortment of Classic Rock, and Alternative Rock band Uber Jesus takes the stage at 2:45 p.m. Headlining will be Black Dog, a popular Led Zeppelin Tribute band.
- 11 a.m.: School of Rock (Clark, NJ) House Band
- 12 p.m. Bored of Ed
- 1 p.m.: The Broadcasters
- 2:45 p.m.: Uber Jesus
- 4 – 6 p.m.: Black Dog (Led Zeppelin tribute band)
Fanwood Summer Fan Jam Music Festival is sponsored by the Greater Westfield Area Chamber of Commerce.