10 Reasons to List Now
It’s a new year, and you decided it’s finally the time to make a change and sell your house. Now you’re lost. When talking with your friends they tell you to list in the spring, because the grass is green, flowers are blooming and more buyers are looking at that time. Other people tell you that buyers want to move over the summer. Sorting through all this advice, and trying to strategize about when the “perfect month” and “perfect day” is to list your house can be very stressful. Here are 10 reasons as to why listing now might just be best for you.
- It’s the winter, no need to worry about planting flowers.
- Stay out of the cold and spend a day freshening up your home and clean out closets.
- Buyers looking now are serious and want to get a jump on their competition.
- Listing during the winter means less competition in the marketplace which translates to more buyers looking at your home.
- The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau recently implemented a new federal regulation affecting the closing processes and closing documents for mortgage loan applications. These new regulations, known as TRID, could cause closing delays. Selling now can give yourself extra time you might need.
- Real Estate Attorney’s and mortgage lenders should have more time to focus on your file as their piles are not as high now!
- If you’re thinking about buying a new home, then selling now can give you the security of knowing that your next purchase is not contingent on the sale of your current house.
- Selling now allows you to be ready to search for a new property in the spring or summer, when inventory is highest.
- Mortgage rates are low, but projected to go up in the next several months. As rates increase, a person’s buying power, or amount they can spend on a house decreases. Remember, affordability is based on principal, interest, taxes and insurance.
- And the top reason to list now … Realtors are anxious to start their year off in a positive direction and what better time for them to offer you their best service and personalized attention than now.