SCOTCH PLAINS, NJ — The Route 22 westbound ramp to Glenside Avenue will close this week for a resurfacing project in Scotch Plains, New Jersey Department of Transportation officials announced.
From 9 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, Nov. 8 to 10, Fischer Contracting Inc. is scheduled to close the ramp for milling and paving on Glenside Avenue. The following detour will be in place:
· Motorists on Route 22 westbound will be directed to continue to the next exit for New Providence Road/I-78.
· Continue on Bonnie Burn Road.
· Bear right at the first light onto New Providence Road.
· Continue as New Providence Road turns into Diamond Hill Road.
· Turn right onto Valley Road/CR 527.
· Continue as Valley Road turns into Sky Top Drive.
· Make a right onto Glenside Avenue.
Message signs and ramp closure signs will be used throughout the project limits to provide advance notification to motorists of all traffic pattern changes associated with the resurfacing project, the NJDOT said. Throughout the project, NJDOT said it will provide information before upcoming road closures.
The precise timing of the work is subject to change due to weather or other factors. The NJDOT is encouraging drivers to check its traffic information website www.511nj.org for real-time travel information and for NJDOT news follow @NJDOT_info on Twitter.