Kids and Pets, how can I possibly list my home?
Selling a home while your living in it is never easy. Selling a home with children and pets is definitely harder. Here’s some tips to make it easier:
- First recognize change may be difficult. To assist with the transition let the kids help.
- Everyone gets an easily accessible box (or two). Kids can pick out all their favorite things and when it’s time for a showing everything goes back into the box that can be stored under a bed or in a closet.
- De-personalize rooms, and take pictures first for keepsake for the children. Consider taking down posters, children’s artwork, and photographs.
- Remove all clutter from the outside of the refrigerator, over a desk etc.
- Tidy up the garage. Sports equipment, bikes, and ride -ons. You want the space to appear plentiful.
- The optimum solution for pets is daycare. Consider building the cost into your plans.
- If pet daycare is not an option utilize a crate or sequester to one room. Consider paying a neighbor who may be home to help if you have a scheduled showing.
- Make sure your home does not have pet odors or stains. Consider a professional cleaning and removing soiled rugs. Remove all pet beds and toys. Again, have a box for pet toys and beds, for easy access.
- Purchase an inexpensive dust buster. Do a quick zoom around for pet hair and kid crumbs prior to showings.
- Clean up the yard. All small toys and signs of pets should be removed.
- State preferred showing times and ask for a certain amount of notice. This will give you the time you need to ensure the best showing possible.
Please feel free to call me with help listing your home. I just successfully sold two homes with pets and children considerations, and can help you plan and organize to simplify the process. Just call Maureen at 908-391-9295 or email me, at email@example.com
Maureen Illanovsky, CRS, SRES
Keller Williams Realty - A New Generation of Positive,Professional & Tech Savvy Realtors. Keller Williams Realty is located at 188 Elm Street in Westfield and serves the communities along the train lines including Westfield, Cranford, Fanwood, Scotch Plains, Mountainside, New Providence, Berkeley Heights and the surrounding communities. Call us today at 908-233-8502.
Are you considering selling your home? Take advantage of our home sales expertise and marketing experience to ensure your home is sold in reasonable time and for top dollar. Get a FREE in-depth home Value Report, and find out more about a detailed marketing plan and how it can help sell your home faster, and for top dollar.
The opinions expressed herein are the writer's alone, and do not reflect the opinions of TAPinto.net or anyone who works for TAPinto.net. TAPinto.net is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the writer.