Spring is just around the corner and it’s the perfect time to spruce up your home and renew it out of its cold winters look especially if you plan on selling your home this spring. Though there is a lot to do to prepare your home for the market let’s not forget the front entryway. It’s the first impression buyers will see. Let’s make it inviting and impressive.
Give your front entry attention: While this seems like an obvious one, your front entry is the most forgotten about space of your home. For once you are in your house, you forget about the space that welcomes your neighbors friends family and perspective buyers. Sweep up debris, dead leaves, and clean or pressure wash brick, siding or brick exterior.
Check the walkway first does it need attention, then the area that greets people first your front entry. Determine your preferred style and look, is it a playful, elegant, traditional or modern. Check the exterior lighting for safety and ambiance.
- Bring out the color: Whether your front door could use a new coat of paint or the trim around the adjacent windows could use a fresh new color. Your front entry is the ideal place to add color. Consider using a front door color that contrasts the rest of your home: red, yellow, green, blue, teal and orange are all popular “wow” colors for your front entry.
- Freshen or paint railings and stairs and steps: If your front porch railings are looking drab, opt for new ones that are bolder and command more attention. If you like your current railings and stairs clean and or paint bringing freshness to the space.
- Modernize your exterior: Is the front starting to look dated? Consider opting for updated amenities to make it look new and revived. Simple window boxes, attractive fences and gates, large flower pots, attractive floor mat, architectural elements, porch furnishings can immediately boost up the curb appeal of your home.
- Add functional lighting: Similarly to the interiors of your home, lighting fixtures can make your front entry look amazing at night, as well as keep your guest safe. Exterior lighting can range from single pendant lighting above the front door, or wall sconces that flank the sides of the door. Use solar powered ground lamps for the walkway. If you have a garage, use similar lighting fixtures there as well keeping the look uniform.
- Plants add color and texture: Depending on how much space you have, plants will help your front entry look friendlier and it will mask much of your hard scape – sidewalks, stairs, and walkways. Consider adding plants in decorative urns along walkways, along stairs and in decorative pots at your front door.
- Spruce up patio furniture: For those of you, who have patio furniture at your front entrance, revive your furniture with brightly colored seat cushions to bring color and décor to your front entry. Cushions that still look good from last year can be hand washed and dried to perk up any front entrance.
- Pull up a seat: Depending on the size of your front entry, consider adding colorful furniture for seating. Look for a park bench, small cedar side tables next to a love seat, to wrought iron chairs or bistro style seating adjacent to a patio area. Colorful throw pillows in spring colored hues feel and look great.
- Create an oasis: Whether you only have space for a welcome doormat or you have a full porch to enjoy, create an oasis that you will love to come home to. Update your front door hardware, your wall mounted mailbox and maybe even a fresh spring wreath to your door!
- Be Happy. You have created a lovely entrance now let’s go inside to take care of the rest. Call Susan Massa CRS SRES ABR Accredited Home Stager and Realtor with years of experience knowledge and Professional Marketing.
Keller Williams Realty - A New Generation of Positive,Professional & Tech Savvy Realtors. Keller Williams Realty is located at 188 Elm Street in Westfield and serves the communities along the train lines including Westfield, Cranford, Fanwood, Scotch Plains, Mountainside, New Providence, Berkeley Heights and the surrounding communities. Call us today at 908-233-8502.
Are you considering selling your home? Take advantage of our home sales expertise and marketing experience to ensure your home is sold in reasonable time and for top dollar. Get a FREE in-depth home Value Report, and find out more about a detailed marketing plan and how it can help sell your home faster, and for top dollar.
The opinions expressed herein are the writer's alone, and do not reflect the opinions of TAPinto.net or anyone who works for TAPinto.net. TAPinto.net is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the writer.