WESTFIELD, NJ—The Westfield Regional Health Department has announced dates for seasonal flu inoculation programs. These programs are open only to residents of Westfield, Cranford, Fanwood, Garwood, Mountainside, New Providence, Roselle Park, Springfield and Summit, and proof of residency may be required. Participants will be taken on a first come, first serve basis. The cost is $10 for non-Medicare participants.
On Friday, September 14, from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m., in the community room at the Westfield Municipal Building, 425 East Broad Street, there will be a senior flu clinic for residents ages 65 and older.
On Wednesday, September 19, from 6 p.m. until 7:30 p.m., in the court room at the Westfield Municipal Building, there will be a regular flu clinic.
On Thursday, September 20, from 6 p.m. until 7:30 p.m., in the court room at the Mountainside Municipal Building at 1385 Rt. 22 East, there will be a regular flu clinic.
Additional dates will be scheduled, with one clinic in each community, according to the Westfield Health Department. Anyone who is Medicare Part B-eligible must bring their card to the clinic.
The Center for Disease Control recommends all individuals six months and older receive seasonal influenza vaccine (i.e., the flu shot), especially:
- persons aged 65 years and older, with and without chronic health conditions
- residents of long-term care facilities
- persons aged 2–64 years with chronic health conditions
- children aged 6 months or older, who attend any licensed child care center or pre-school activity
- pregnant women
- health-care personnel who provide direct patient care
- household contacts and out-of-home caregivers of children aged under 6 months
For additional information, contact the Westfield Health Department at 908-789-4070.