The Westfield Historic Preservation Commission (HPC) seeks entries for the Harry Devlin Awards program honoring property owners for outstanding efforts in the restoration, expansion, and maintenance of older properties.
Created in 1993 to encourage the use of established historic preservation standards, the Devlin Commendations are named for Harry Devlin, a prominent local artist and architectural historian.
Any project completed within the past five years that is visible to the public is eligible. Residential, commercial, professional and institutional buildings may be entered. Categories for nomination include:
- Addition or alteration sensitive to original architecture;
- Restoration or repair of original or existing improvement;
- Period-appropriate painting or residing;
- Adaptive reuse of a property in a manner sensitive to the original architecture and/or neighborhood;
- Persons, actions or events that promote preservation may also be considered.
Nominations may be made by neighbors, architects, or builders and can be self-submitted by owners. The deadline for entries is March 31, 2021. Criteria and entry forms can be found on the town website at www.westfieldnj.gov/historicpreservation. For additional information, please contact email@example.com.