CLARK, NJ — The odor of natural gas hung in the air Thursday afternoon after an explosion at a home on Fairview Road blew out some of its windows and doors. One resident suffered minor injuries, according to Police Chief Pedro Matos.

It happened at about 1:30 p.m.

“The gas explosion started near the dryer,” Matos said.

Sign Up for E-News

The resident, who suffered minor burns, declined to be taken to the hospital, he said.

Clark police, firefighters, EMTs and Elizabethtown Gas were on the scene. Gas to the home was shut down and the explosion is under investigation, Matos said. There was no active fire.