BRIDGEWATER, NJ – Spring Training for the Somerset Patriots continues at TD Bank Ballpark, with members of the team facing off in a relaxed intrasquad game Friday before boarding a bus on Saturday for an exhibition game in Pennsylvania against the York Revolution.
Manager Brett Jodie sat in a folding chair behind a screen a few feet back from home plate along with his coaching staff to get a close look at a succession of pitchers and batters.
With one week left to go before the April 26 Friday night opening game, the team is beginning to gel as each player works out the kinks and limbers up for the 140-game season.
Here’s the remainder of the Spring Training schedule:
- Saturday, April 20, 2 p.m. – Away Game against Revolution, York Pa.
- Sunday, April 21, Workout at TD Bank Ballpark, 8:30 am stretch, 10:30 am Intrasquad Game;
- Monday, April 22, 10: am – stretch; 1:30 pm -- Game vs. York Revolution at TD Bank Ballpark;
- Tuesday, April 23, Workout at TD Bank Ballpark, Time TBD;
- Wednesday, April 24, 2:30 pm -- Workout at TD Bank Ballpark;
- Thursday, April 25, Workout at TD Bank Ballpark, Time TBD;
- Friday, April 26, Opening Day, Game at 7:05 pm vs, the New Britain Bees.
Further information is available online at somersetpatriots.com or by calling 908-252-0700.