PURCHASE, NY — The Stop & Shop Supermarket Company LLC announced Monday that it has removed from sale select stuffed chicken products due to potential Salmonella contamination. The move came following a recall by Barber Foods.
The following products are recalled:
- Barber Stuffed Chicken Cordon Bleu, 30 oz., UPC 7346197603 with a lot code of 0950552101
- Barber Stuffed Chicken Broccoli & Cheese, 30 oz., UPC 7346197653 with lot codes of 0950562101 and 0950564002
- Barber Stuffed Chicken Kiev, 10 oz., UPC 7346102109 with lot codes of 0950562201 and 0950492201
- Barber Stuffed Chicken Broccoli & Cheese, 10 oz., UPC 7346128501 with lot codes of 0950542202 and 0950482203
- Barber Stuffed Chicken Cordon Bleu, 10 oz., UPC 7346102108 with a lot code of 0950552202
- Barber Brie Stuffed Chicken, 10 oz., UPC 7346190788 with lot codes of 0950482205 and 0950552203
Consumption of food contaminated with Salmonella can cause salmonellosis, one of the most common bacterial foodborne illnesses, according to Stop & Shop. Salmonella infections can be life-threatening, especially to those with weak immune systems, such as infants, the elderly and persons with HIV infection or undergoing chemotherapy. The most common manifestations of salmonellosis are diarrhea, abdominal cramps, and fever within eight to 72 hours. Additional symptoms may be chills, headache, nausea and vomiting that can last up to seven days.
Stop & Shop said it had received no reports of illnesses as of Monday.
Customers who have purchased these products are encouraged to discard any unused portions and bring their purchase receipt to Stop & Shop for a full refund.
For more information on the recall, call Barber Foods at 1-844-564-555 or Stop & Shop Customer Service at 1-800-767-7772.