WESTFIELD, NJ — Three Westfield women will be among the 2015 recipients of the Union County Commission on the Status of Women’s 2015 Women of Excellence Awards March 20.
Cynthia Alexander, a real estate agent at the Coldwell Banker Westfield West office and member of many historic preservation groups, will be honored as a community leader.
Lynne Fitzpatrick, owner of Guillotine Salon and Spa in Downtown Westfield, will be honored as a business leader.
And Reverend Joy Mounts, associate pastor at the First Congregational Church of Westfield, will be honored for youth advocacy. Mounts said she was nominated by a member of the church’s youth group, Ani Hsu Obrock.
“There are few things that leave me speechless, but I was moved and honored to have been nominated for this award,” said Mounts.
Other 2015 honorees and their respective categories are:
- Amy Boroff, owner, Be Craftful (entrepreneurship) - Fanwood
- Adrian Gardner, Union County Sheriffs Officer (law enforcement) - Elizabeth
- Erica Bell Foster, Vauxhall Branch Library Manager, Union Public Library and Director of Career Services at Pathways Learning Institute (education) - Union
- Ceil Mantia, social worker, Rotarian and trustee of The Historical Society of Elizabeth (lifetime achievement) - Elizabeth
- Tricia Nering, Heart for Humanity (humanitarian) - Fanwood
- Karolina Szatkowski, The YWCA of Eastern Union County (women's advocacy) - Elizabeth
“The Freeholder Board is proud to support the Commission in recognizing the dedication and service of women to their community,” said Freeholder Chairman Mohamed S. Jalloh.“This year’s nominees are an inspiration to all of us, and I hope that in highlighting their work others will be moved to do the same.”
The Women of Excellence Awards, supported by the Union County Freeholder Board, are presented to recognize and honor distinguished women who reside or work in Union County. The candidates are nominated based on their achievements and the impact of their work on the County of Union.
The 2015 honorees will be celebrated at the 23rd annual Women of Excellence dinner on March 20, at Galloping Hill Caterers in Union. Tickets for the dinner are available at $45 per person by contacting Carol Lombardo at 908-789-0508.