WESTFIELD, NJ — The homeowner is safe after her attached garage caught fire Wednesday morning.
Reported at 9:48 a.m., crews got to the scene in 3 minutes and in about half-an-hour had contained to the fire to the garage of the 2 ½-story home at 37 Sunnywood Drive, town spokeswoman Kim Forde said.
Crews found the fire in the wall of the garage and had it under control at 10:25 a.m., Forde said. The woman at home was not injured and had exited by the time authorities arrived, she said.
Wearing a coat and pajama bottoms, the woman said she was the only person home at the time. At least three fire engines were on the scene and the roof of the garage appeared burnt.
Authorities said the fire was the result of an accidental electrical malfunction, according to Forde.
Email Matt Kadosh at firstname.lastname@example.org. | Twitter: @MattKadosh
Read More Westfield NJ Local News
Are you a business interested in reaching our audience? Contact Jackie Lieberman at email@example.com.