WESTFIELD, NJ - The Westfield Food Pantry Drive, which began Monday, July 16, will continue through Aug. 10.
The drive is especially in need, during the summer months, of canned ravioli, Spaghettio's, beef stew, Spam and chili. Other needed food items include pasta, peanut butter, canned fruits (low sugar preferred), canned vegetables, canned soup, canned fish, dried beans, rice, cereal, nutritious drinks for elderly (i.e. Ensure), large diapers, paper towels, toilet paper and other hygiene products.
Filled bags can br dropped off at the homes of either Amy Flax or Emily Root, or at one of the participating Westfield businesses listed below.
Trader Joe’s has also donated bags for those who are in need of brown bags.
93 Fair Hill Drive
738 Mountain Ave.
For questions, email Flax at email@example.com or call Root at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also drop off at the following participating Westfield businesses:
- Westfield Memorial Library, 550 East Broad St.
- Ron Bansky Allstate Insurance, 502 East Broad St.
- Coldwell Banker, 209 Central Ave.
- Weight Watchers, 241 South Ave. E
- Midtown Authentic, 129 East Broad St.
- Vine Ripe Markets, 430 North Ave. East
- Any Westfield Area YMCA location
You can also drop off directly at the Food Pantry at Holy Trinity, located at 336 First St. in Westfield. Their drop off hours are 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m., Mondays through Fridays.