To make it easier to apply for a U.S. Passport, Westfield postal officials are hosting a Sunday Passport Fair at the Post Office, 153 Central Ave. Special staffing will be on hand from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. dedicated to accepting passport applications and offering passport photo services. No appointments necessary and walk-ins are welcome. Passport application acceptance hours at the Westfield Post Office are normally Mon. – Fri. 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. and Sat. 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
To save time and simplify the submission process, the Westfield postal officials recommend bringing original documents and following these guidelines:
- Download and complete a passport application at www.travel.state.gov beforehand.
- Bring proper proof of U.S. citizenship (as shown on the application DS-11 dated 09/2013)
- Bring proof of identity. This must be either: a recently issued U.S. passport; a recently issued naturalization certificate; a recently issued certificate of citizenship; or a current valid driver’s license, government ID or military photo ID.
- Bring a photocopy of your proof of identity. Each applicant must bring a front and back photocopy of the ID that will be presented at the time of passport acceptance.
- The passport application requires a recent passport photograph of you (2” x 2” in size). Photo service is available at the Westfield Post Office.
- All applicants must appear in person (including minors).
- Minors under the age of 16 must appear with both parents. If one parent is not available, a notarized authorization from the absent parent is required.
The U.S. Department of State provides detailed guidelines for preparing passport applications and supporting documents as well as current processing times on their website at: www.travel.state.gov.
If you have any questions about the Westfield Post Office’s Sunday Passport Fair, contact Customer Service Manager Shemaine Wrenn-Sheffield at 908-233-4053 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.