WESTFIELD, NJ — The oldest residents, pets, cars and businesses are anticipated to be in the spotlight in a new contest the town is running in coordination with its 300th anniversary.
Lifelong Westfield announced it has launched the “Westfield 300 Milestone Awards” to celebrate residents who qualify for milestones in the town’s history as part of its year-long 300th anniversary celebration.
“These awards felt like a perfect way for Lifelong Westfield to participate in Westfield’s 300th anniversary celebration and highlight longevity in town among residents, pets, town employees and businesses,” said David Contract, the Town Council’s liaison to Lifelong Westfield, in a statement.
Award categories include the following:
- Oldest resident
- Longest number of years lived in Westfield
- Number of generations lived continuously in Westfield
- Longest years married
- Number of grandkids and number of grandkids living in Westfield
- Oldest running business in Westfield
- Oldest living war veteran
- Oldest dog and oldest cat
- Oldest living graduate of Westfield High School
- Longest serving Westfield Police Officer, Firefighter, Public Works employee, other Town employee
- Oldest running car
Submissions will close June 15, with the honorees to be revealed shortly afterwards, officials said.
Residents are encouraged to fill out the brief survey at westfieldnj.gov/westfield300milestones.
Read More Westfield NJ Local News
Are you a business interested in reaching our audience? Contact Jackie Lieberman at email@example.com.