During last week’s rain storms, many areas throughout the state were left without power. All of us know what it feels like to be stuck in your home with no power. New Jersey homeowners have been upgrading their homes with whole home standby generators at a record breaking rate since 2012 when we experienced Storm Sandy. It looks like we may be getting rain and thunderstorms in the next few days, so just make sure you are prepared in the event of another power outage, just in case. If you aren’t sure exactly what a whole home standby generator does, we’ve included some of the main benefits below:
- Never lose power again - We all know the feeling of helplessness when the power goes out. With a whole home generator, you’ll never have to worry about that feeling again. You’ll have peace of mind, knowing your heat will stay on, your refrigerator will be cold, and any medical equipment won’t shut down.
- No more spoiled food - Once your refrigerator loses power, it’s only a matter of time before the inside reaches room temperature. Once that happens, your food will quickly begin to go bad and become rotten. Throwing all of that food out could wind up costing you hundreds of dollars! With a Honeywell home generator, you won’t have to worry about spoiled food anymore!
- Solutions customized to your needs - For those that rely on powered medical equipment, a power outage could become a life or death situation. If this is true for you or a family member, a home generator is a must. Meyer & Depew offers Honeywell home generators in multiple sizes – you can choose to only keep on the necessities, or keep everything powered.
- Fully automatic - After Storm Sandy, many clients who previously relied on small portable generators decided to upgrade to a whole house generator. While portable generators have their benefits, they also suffer from many shortcomings. With a portable generator, once you know a storm is coming, you have to spend time setting the generator up, connecting everything, and running extension cords. In the event of a flash storm or if you aren’t home – you’ll be unprotected or have to set everything up in the storm. Our generators come with an automatic transfer switch, so you don’t have to worry. When the power goes out, the generator comes on and when the power is restored it shuts back down.
- Quieter - A Honeywell standby generator can be up to 20 decibels quieter than a portable generator.
- No waiting in line for gas - Whenever bad weather is expected, you can expect to see long lines at the gas station. If you rely on a portable generator, chances are you’ve had to stand in line waiting to fill up a red gas can multiple times. All those hours could have been spent relaxing at home instead of in line!
For more info on Honeywell backup generators for your NJ home, visit our website here.
Which Honeywell generator is best for you?
We know you are busy, so to make things easy, Meyer & Depew offers free in home consultations so you can find out exactly what backup generator would be best for you. Just Click Here or call us at 908-272-2100 to set up your free consultation.
The opinions expressed herein are the writer's alone, and do not reflect the opinions of TAPinto.net or anyone who works for TAPinto.net. TAPinto.net is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the writer.