Holy Trinity eighth graders competed and won first place in the 47th Annual Scholastic Olympics held at Roselle Catholic High School. This brings Holy Trinity to a total of 13 first place wins in recent years. A team of 17 students from Holy Trinity beat out 200 other students from 14 area schools.
Subject area winners were:
- English: 1st Charlotte Gray; 2nd Evan Lee
- History: 1st Michael Murphy; 2nd Madeleine Ahlbeck
- Math: 1st Parker Smith and Kelly Troczynski
- Religion: 3rd Maggie Murray
- Spelling: 1st Kevin Cull; 2nd Marianna Morin
- Current Events: 1st Michael Preite.
Completing the Scholastic Team were:
- Art: Kandice Rodriguez-Hernandez, Sophia Salazar
- Current Events: William Oliver
- Religion: Phoebe Costalos
- Science: Thomas Lezynski, Jack Zellner-Phelps
- Forensics: Johnathon Scalia.
Since 1916, Holy Trinity School has provided a quality Catholic education to Westfield and the surrounding communities. A 2011 National Blue Ribbon and a Middle States accredited school, its mission is to educate students to actualize their full, individual potential, both spiritually and academically. Holy Trinity School-Peace-Service-Prayer www.htisnj.com.