WESTFIELD, NJ — The Westfield Public Arts Commission is seeking submissions for its spring outdoor photography exhibit titled, “Through The Lens: Community.”
People of all ages are invited to submit up to three images that show their representation of community, the Commission announced. You do not need to be a professional photographer or live in Westfield to submit.
“This exhibition will emphasize photography’s ability to inspire the community and teach us about the many wonders close to home,” the organizers said. “Through the Lens highlights photographic works created within our community that have inspired the photographers in their creative and personal lives.”
The contest deadline has been extended to April 5. There is a $10 fee to enter.
The Westfield Public Art Commission Photo Exhibit Guidelines are as follows:
- All ages may submit three photographic pieces of work.
- You do not need to be a professional photographer to submit photos. Anyone of all ages is eligible
- Submissions are due by April 5, 2021 in an 8.5” x 11” high resolution format by using the submission form.
- Participants in the Call must confirm they are submitting their own image and the entry does not infringe the privacy, copyright or any other rights of any person
- Participant guarantees the consent of all people who appear in submitted images (the legal guardian in case of children)
- By participating, all works may be reproduced by the WPAC in any of its publications, website, social media and promo use before, during and after without any restriction in relation to aforementioned uses
- Works selected for the juried show may not be reproduced for sale
- WPAC will hold an auction of selected pieces at the end of the exhibition for sale to raise funds for future WPAC projects
For more information and to submit an entry, visit www.westfieldnj.gov/wpac2021photoexhibit.
Read More Westfield NJ Local News