Summer Service Exploration at FUMC Westfield: An Intergenerational Mission Education Program
July 15 & 22, Aug. 19 & 26 from 5:30-7:30 p.m.
The mission statement of FUMC Westfield draws from Micah 6:8 - What does the Lord require of us? To do justice, love kindness and walk humbly with God.
In response to that call, we invite you to Learning to Love Like Jesus, an exploration of service and mission activities. Each two-hour Monday evening session will include dinner, time for fellowship and study on our call to mission and service.
Program evening themes will focus on Loving Families and Friends and on Loving Neighbors and Community. Each evening will be a stand-alone program, with different activities and service explorations. Activities over the course of the summer will include:
- creating care packages for those in need of comfort
- making sandwiches to be delivered to local service agencies
- assembling hygiene and school support kits for distribution by the United Methodist Committee on Relief
- harvesting and delivering fresh vegetables to the Westfield Food Pantry
- putting together welcome kits for visitors and worship support bags for use by families with young children
This program is designed to be intergenerational – involving children, youth and adults of all ages, in assorted hands-on activities and learning experiences. Register as an individual, a couple, or a family for one or more of the program days – find what works in your summer schedule! Click here to download the registration form.
About FUMC Westfield
FUMC Westfield holds worship every Sunday at 10:00 AM, with Christian Education programs for all ages at 9:00 AM and Fellowship Time following worship at 11:00 AM. Our building is located at 1 E Broad St. in Westfield. For more information about FUMC, please visit us online at fumcwestfield.org, on Facebook (FUMC Westfield), or on Instagram (fumcwestfield).