WESTFIELD, NJ — Six Westfield High School football players have signed National Letters of Intent to continue their athletics in college at Division 1 teams, the school district announced. Some will play football, while others will continue playing their other sport, lacrosse.
Athletics Director Sandra Mamary said the senior class of players led by example both on and off the field.
“Their work ethic in the off season and in the classroom paid off with the opportunity to play collegiately at highly competitive universities,” Mamary said. “I will surely miss watching them play high school football. This season was full of exciting games with epic come-from-behind scenarios.
“I believe Westfield Public Schools prepares our student athletes to succeed at the next level of education and athletics. Our coaching staff prepares the student athletes while teaching them sportsmanship, responsibility, and teamwork.”
The players are as follows:
- Reid Colwell — Villanova University - Lacrosse
- Nick Martini — Wagner College - Lacrosse
- Colin Freer — Princeton University - Lacrosse
- Will Kessler — Georgetown University - Football
- Hank Shapiro — Lehigh University - Football
- Declan McCauley — College of the Holy Cross — Football