- Yorktown Takes out the Trash During 29th Battle of Yorktown
- Yorktown Chamber Holds First Health and Wellness Hike
- Neuroscientist Shares Research at Drug Crisis Forum in Yorktown
- Martial Arts Center Opens in Shrub Oak
- Cream of the Crop: Yorktown Native Finds Sweet Spot with Ice Cream Biz
- Deadly Yorktown House Fire Deemed Accidental
By LINDA MILLERApril 12, 2017
Here we go again: Having gutted the law protecting Yorktown’s trees and woodlands, the Yorktown Town Board has set its sights on another environmental protection law, our Freshwater Wetlands Law.
Why do we want to save, and even increase, wetlands in Yorktown? Experience shows that wetland reduction results in more frequent and severe flooding, erosion and subsequent property damage.