YORKTOWN, N.Y. – The DeVito Building at 1500 Front St. has been sold to a developer who plans on rehabilitating it and making it available as rental space.
Rob Miller, owner of River Valley Wine Cellars, has already demolished the partially built garage and plans on re-grading the area into lawn. He also plans to:
- Paint the exterior of the building and install new exterior lighting;
- Install new bumper guards at loading docks;
- Install stair awnings at loading docks;
- Repave and reline the parking lot;
- Renovate the entranceway;
- Create a landscape plan;
- Install a decorative security gate at the entranceway;
- Install a privacy fence at the back of building;
- Add new paint, carpet, ceiling tiles and doors throughout the interior; and
- Renovate the bathrooms.
The property is zoned I-2, for light industrial uses. At this point, none of the renovation work requires an appearance before any of the town’s boards, according to Town Attorney Michael J. McDermott.