SHRUB OAK, N.Y. – The Lakeland Education Foundation has surpassed the $1 million mark in grants awarded to the Lakeland Central School District.
The all-volunteer foundation, started in 1994, supports Lakeland schools by raising funds for specific student and teacher-initiated projects that enrich the educational experience and are not funded by the district’s budget.
The recent grant cycle of $45,092 pushed the foundation over the milestone figure. The 2017 grant award recipients and the foundation board members were saluted at the April 20 Board of Education meeting.
The 2017 grant recipients are:
- Walter Panas Records: Michael Coffey, Noelle Fuller, and Tahari Williams, Walter Panas High School
- Travel Training: Jennifer Kalbfell and Jeanne Gotzen, Lakeland High School
- So Fresh & Clean: Christopher Cummings, Lakeland High School
- Mobile Language Learning Labs: Jessica Stock, Lakeland Copper Beech Middle School
- Hydroponics/Aquaponics: Steve Trinkle, Lakeland Copper Beech Middle School
- Middle School Makerspace STEM Science Cart: Judy Toledano, Lakeland Copper Beech Middle School
- Engineering 3D Printer: Ed Becker, Lakeland Copper Beech Middle School
- Engineering with CNC Mill: Ed Becker and Brian Smith, Lakeland Copper Beech Middle School
- Move Your Body, Grow Your Brain: Andrea Cegielski and Kimberly Conway, Thomas Jefferson ES
- TJ Engineer Partners: Zenobia Kellock, Katherine Boniello, and Andrea Cegielski, Thomas Jefferson ES
- Engaging Engineering Endeavors: Elaine Alden and Jessica Guerra, Benjamin Franklin ES
- Climbing Wall: Patrick Connolly and Chrissy Colsey, Van Cortlandtville ES
- Gaga Ball Project: Patrick Connolly and Chrissy Colsey, Van Cortlandtville ES
- Alternative Seating: Jenny Azzaro and Jennifer Pili, Van Cortlandtville ES
- Cardiovascular Project: Rebecca DeSisto and Joe Macchi, George Washington ES
- Pedal Way to Learning: Tracey Vitanza and Siobhan O'Brien, George Washington ES
- STEM It Up: Elizabeth Pezzulo, Lincoln-Titus ES